1. Suits against officials for injunctions-Ex parte Young (1908).
2. Suits against official for money damages, as long as the damages are to be paid out of the official’s own pocket.
3. Suit for injunction against violation of state law-Pennhurst v. Halderman (1984)
4. Suits by Fed government
5. Suits against cities- or any subdivision of the state.
6. State agencies and other entities
7. Suits by one state against another
8. Suits in state court
9. Waiver by State
10. Suits under the post-Civil War Amendments
We have located some similar legal questions and legal question categories. Check out these challenging questions that askquestions about Constitutional Amendments and are similar to What are the exclusions of the 11th Amendment?. Also, we have included a list of some of our more popular legal question categories. These categories are based on what everyone is asking and answering.