Goals of Tort Law:
(1) Preservation of Peace –eliminates reasons to seek revenge
(2) Reduce accidents (deterrence) – incentives for safe conduct
(3) Loss allocation – rational distribution of losses
(4) Loss spreading – spreading out costs of accidents to different ind.’s. ameliorates impact of injuries
(5) Administrative efficiency – liability rules that are efficient and workable.
(6) Fairness – depends on values to be compared.
(7) Autonomy – ensuring that threat of liability not inhibit ind’s. and their activities.
(8) Free Enterprise – ensuring that excess liability does not impede economic competition
We have located some similar legal questions and legal question categories. Check out these challenging questions that askquestions about Tort Law and are similar to What are the goals of tort law?. Also, we have included a list of some of our more popular legal question categories. These categories are based on what everyone is asking and answering.